Food and Drink
We pride ourselves in supplying our children with excellent food. We feel that it is one of the most important parts of a child’s life – to eat properly.
Eating a healthy diet enables a child to live life to the full and gives them a better performance all round, specifically helping with their concentration levels – which in turn affects achievement.
So we encourage all of our children to have a school dinner and we are glad to have such a high uptake of school dinners at our school. Its good to know that our children are getting a well-balanced and healthy meal.
Our meals are produced freshly every day in a school kitchen from only:
- fresh meat and poultry sourced from the region;
- fruit and vegetables sourced regionally where possible using local suppliers;
- products free from additives associated with health problems in young children;
- fats free from hydrogenated oils; with
- menus that are nutritionally balanced
All children who are in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a Universal Infant Free School Meal. Children in years 3 to 6 are offered the same meal at a reasonable price. Alternatively children may bring a packed lunch.